Saturday, 11 June 2016

Surfs-Up!



Another busy week of paperwork and chasing the less fun side of freelance. However, that's all in the bag for now allowing me to get back on with the cool stuff like drawing. As and where I can I've been getting to grips with Manga Studio, I think I'm getting the hang of it now, and to be honest, the learning curve isn't that steep if you have already got experience with digital art software. 

This brings me neatly to some artwork I finished last night, the Silver Surfer:


I'm a big fan of the old Silver Surfer, and I really loved drawing this one. Being able to put the week behind me and just focus on illustrating this image was a real pleasure and reminded of how much I enjoy working with black and white 'inked' comic styled art - it's where I started as an artist. As a teenager, sitting on my bed with a pencil, pen, paper and a comic book copying the page art and covers. 



Artwork ©Simon Breeze 2016 



No comments:

Post a Comment