Saturday, 14 May 2016

Free Hugs, Webways and Terminators



I'm just coming of the back of a few busy days and have now been able to make a few minutes to update my blog. The first update is a new t-shirt design inspired by the Alien franchise, and the t-shirt is called Free Hugs:


This design, to me, has come out really well and is one I've been angling to get done for a while now, and it did make me chuckle a few times once it was finished too. 

Next is some more gaming/trading card art.

First is a Star Wars inspired one called Death Star:


As with the previous few paintings, I'm now working with stronger colours and more 'powerful' characters and poses. I REALLY enjoyed painting this one, it was a real pleasure and I'm very happy with the finished image.

Next is a Warhammer 40,000 inspired one called Webway:


I must admit, I was too sure about this one when I finished painting it. However, later that day when I sat back down to re-work it I decided not to as I was wrong and the painting is actually fine. (I wasn't confident about the background). On a side note, I decided very early on with the Eldar Banshee to keep the armour as simple and light as possible, to give the impression of speed over protection. 

The final painting is one that I worked on instead of re-working the Eldar Banshee and is called Terminator Assembly Line and is inspired by the Terminator franchise:


Again, I've kept the image simple, focused on the character and strong colours. I really like this one, the final image looks very cool and the likeness seems to have come out pretty well too. I think I'm going to have a soft spot for this one for several reasons, first off I love Arnold Schwarzenegger, he is a massive hero to me. Second, I love the Terminator films, and finally I watched the new Terminator film, Terminator Genisys, whilst I was painting this - who says men can't multi-task. 

That's it for the art this week, Monday I'm back on with some Star Trek, Doctor Who trading/gaming cards and hopefully a few new t-shirts as well.


Artwork ©Simon Breeze 2016 









No comments:

Post a Comment