Monday, 8 February 2016

Here's to Swimming with Bow Legged Women...




I must admit, I had a bit of a weird weekend. I spent most of it flaked-out on the sofa, with a horrid head cold, watching kids TV with my kids. This meant big-time viewing of kids TV shows, such as; Adventure Time, Regular Show and at one point the Sponge Bob movie. So I guess not all bad. Anyway, due to this I spent very little of the time I had planned working on the artwork that I wanted to work on this weekend. This was until Sunday evening when I felt a little better and came-up with these two new designs.

The first new design is inspired by one of my favourite movies and books, Jaws



Spending the latter half of the 70's and early 80's as a kid being brought up in a small beach/fishing village, Jaws had a really big impact on me and my friends - we spent a lot of time playing 'Jaws' in the bay where I lived. This game was nice and simple. You would swim underwater, 'sneaking' up on an unsuspecting swimmer, and grab their legs, giving them a quick dunking. Sounds almost harmless, however you generally spent most of the day telling this person about the sharks in the area and humming the Jaws theme. Simple times.    

The second new design is another design inspired by cartoons and my childhood, this one is from when I was a little older; He-Man and the Masters of the Universe. 


There is very little to say about this one, other than in its simplicity lays its beauty. That and Orko is awesome!











Artwork ©Simon Breeze 2016













No comments:

Post a Comment