Saturday, 21 November 2015

To Boldly Go...



I've been, and will most likely continue to be, really busy setting up my art studio - who'd have thought it would be so much work? Any-who, in between all the chaos, just to unwind and focus on something for a short break, I've been working on a retro comic art rendering of the ship and some of the crew from Star Trek. This originally started as a drawing of Mcoy and really grew from there...


All though I created this image in PhotoShop, I used custom ink pen brushes to draw the image as if it was an old school comic book cover/page. I must admit, this image took a real long time to get finished, this was due to the broken workflow of ten minutes here, twenty minutes there as I worked it around my other commitments. 

Overall, I'm very happy with how this drawing came out, there was a few moments of panic, which I tend to get when illustrating a montage of characters like this. Not only that using very few layers left little to no room for mistakes!




Artwork ©Simon Breeze 2015
















  

No comments:

Post a Comment