Monday, 17 August 2015

The Awesome That is Instagram!



I remember being told a few years ago by an awesome artist at a convention to get this brilliant app called Instagram, it will rock your world. Leaving that convention, fully intending to download Instagram as soon as I could get a Wi-Fi signal, I was really buzzed. It had been a great day, a long day of talking, sketching and all of the other great things that happen when a convention goes off with a pop. So good in fact that when I got home that night after my epic drive I unpacked my kit and promptly crashed on my sofa, all thoughts of the wonderment that is Instergram far from my mind.

Years passed, and then just this weekend, akin to that awesome Gandalf quote, 'A wizard is never late, Frodo Baggins. Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to'. I arrived at the doorstep of Instagram. 

So what?

Well, I love it and have taken to posting my art there. Not any old art by the way, no. Most of the art you will find there is going to be the things I normally don't post anywhere else. You guys can be the judge of is it 'good' or 'bad' art, however it will be things like this:


Classic Doctor Who Cyberman - Warm Up Sketch

This is a warm-up sketch. Think of it as a bit like a sportsman who does some stretches and a little bit of a jog around the football field before the hard work kicks off. It's a great habit to get into as an artist, I generally will sketch something like this every day when I can, even if I'm not actually doing any other art, and I will always produce a warm-up sketch before working on any art. Sadly it won't give you the body of a sports god, but it will get you in the right frame of mind before you actually start working on anything serious. 

So, if you are keen to see the random images that I come up with each day, as with the above, you can find them here on my brand new Instagram account - Thank You






Artwork ©Simon Breeze 2015








No comments:

Post a Comment