Wednesday, 18 February 2015

The Fighting 103 Jolly Rogers



MY MOST Recent bit of graphic art has been inspired by the Strike Fighter Squadron 103 (VF-103), nicknamed the Jolly Rogers, is an aviation unit of the United States Navy established in 1952. VFA-103 flies the F/A-18F Super Hornet and is based at Naval Air Station Oceana, Virginia (USA). The squadron’s radio callsign is Victory and it is assigned to Carrier Air Wing Seven. Taking the idea from my Fighting 31 Tomcatters designs I decided to create two versions of the artwork:

The first is a 'badge' design

The second is the 'squadron' design that I also added a 'warn' look to as well



THE NEXT Aircraft inspired bit of graphic art that I'm working on is a bit of a different direction to these last two, even if I say-so-myself, is looking pretty good so-far.




Artwork ©Simon Breeze 2015












No comments:

Post a Comment