Wednesday, 28 January 2015

Mondays Child Pin-Up Girl



I'M CURRENTLY Working on a calendar for this year/next of classic pin-up girls. It's something I have done before and very much enjoyed, so I thought I would do it again this year. Here is one of the first possible images for the calendar, Monday's Child:


THIS PAINTING, As with the next six I have planned, is inspired by the poem about the days of the week and children. With this first one, 'Monday’s child is fair of face’, the origins in the Moon, Mon short for Moon and the first part of the word Monday, Moon with its, ‘pale face', therefore Monday's child is fair of face. See how that works. 

NEXT ONE On the list is Tuesday's child, which is an interesting one looking at the origins of the phrase....

'Tuesday's child is full of grace...'

IT DOESN'T Mean what you think it does, that's for sure - well it didn't to me until I did some research!





Artwork ©Simon Breeze 2015















No comments:

Post a Comment