Saturday, 15 September 2012

Rusty Nuts?

The Doctor: They were, until they had all their humanity taken away. That's a living brain jammed inside a cybernetic body, with a heart of steel. All emotions removed.

Rose: Why no emotions?

The Doctor: Because it hurts.

– Doctor Who, Rise of the Cybermen


Well I got there in the end, my latest painting is finished, The Tin Man:



As stated in the previous post, this one is a Doctor Who themed painting with a bit of a fantasy twist in the form of the Wizard of Oz. As I hoped, I very much enjoyed colouring this painting. The odd mix of pinks and blue for the ‘fairytale’ background and the deep oranges, reds and browns for the Tin Man are a weird combination, however I feel it all works as a fantasy piece.

That’s it for Doctor Who art for a while now as I plunge back into my mission of four large Warhammer 40,000 pieces and a handful of smaller ones.  I have one large painting to go, which I’ve just started planning out, and I have almost finished my second attempt at a Tanith badge. My last one coming in for some ‘choice’ comments from fans as it was styled on the original badge and not the ‘current’. Whatever the sentiment behind the comments, it fired my curiosity to learn more and this in turn inspired the attempt at the alternative version of the badge – which I’m hoping to post very soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment