Blog Archive

Wednesday, 15 February 2012

Exeter Comic Expo - Limited Art Commissions!









A few days ago I promised some more on Exeter Comic Expo and what I would be doing, so here goes:

Other than showing up and being there, this year I am trying something a little different at the comic cons and expos. This year I'm going to be offering, in place of sketches, specially priced art commissions.

So what does this mean?

For you, if you take me up on the offer, a fully digitally painted piece of art either printed or as a digital file. Size and subject to be decided by you.

It's Limited!

I'm exhibiting at Exeter and Cardiff Comic Expos, one after the other, in February. Exeter on the 19th and Cardiff on the 25th and across both events I am only offering a total of 6 slots for commissions on a first come first served bases. The reason for this is it can take 10 to 20 hours to just paint one, and I want to make sure I don't over load myself and the last person on the list is waiting to long to get their painting.

What do I need from you?

To start with, an idea of what you want, remember when asking I don't work for Marvel ,  DC or any other comic publisher and therefore can only illustrate public domain characters, creator owned (by me or you) or something made up. So don't ask me for a Spider-Man, as much as I would love creating it, Marvel will not be happy!

Next I need a deposit! The cost of the commission will vary, mostly due to content and size if printed. However, I'm only going to be charging half price, or maybe less if you twist my arm. I will need a deposit from you though of £10 on the day.

Finally I will need contact details, an email address is perfect, I will give you a rough idea of when I should be starting/finishing the artwork and let you know when I do. When done I will send you a low-res and watermarked digital version. Once you're happy (I will only make a few minor changes at this stage) you PayPal me the outstanding amount and I will either get the image printed and sent to you or send you the digital file, which ever you decided on.

That is it! If you are first on the list you could within just a few days of asking for the commission have some artwork like this hanging on your wall for as little as £30:









If you are going to either of the expos and you are interested in taking me up on this offer, I wont be taking advanced orders. However you can contact me in advance and ask any questions etc you like and sort of 'place mark' a commission to confirm on the day. I will add a warning to this, I only have six slots and I will only hold them for the people I see in person. 



Anyway, Here is some info about Exeter Comic Expo:



Exeter Comic Expo is in association with Animated Exeter and is on Sunday 19th of February – a week today!


The expo is taking place in the Rougemont Thistle Hotel and is now officially the largest comic expo  to take place in Exeter.


The Special Guests include:


JOCK, LEE GARBETT and HENRY FLINT


You can also get to meet SHAKY KANE, DOM REARDON, LEE O'CONNOR, PAUL GRIST,  DAVID SMITH, ME, NATE PHEONIX, LEO HARTAS and HUY TRUONG.


Not only that there are a head spinning load of 'press' and traders there, FALLEN ANGEL MEDIA, CORVUS PRESS, TABELLA PUBLISHING, DEANO ROBOTIC, DON'T LOOK NOW COMICS, KROMATRON COMICS, SPACE BABE 113, TRADERS, OMG COMICS, KRACKERS GAME STORE, PSICOLLECTABLES, THE COMIC MAN, FUTURES MARKET, MOVING PICTURES, KAOTICHANDBAG, KEEP IT SECRET and loads more.


The doors open at 11am  and shut at 4pm, entry is only £3! And you get a FREE OMG GOODIE BAG !


You can find more about Exeter Comic Expo here at the following link to the website: COMICS!

 

See you there!















1 comment:

  1. Great Idea, Simon! Good luck with it, and I'll see you there again! :D

    ReplyDelete