Blog Archive

Sunday, 15 November 2009

One Year On...

It is bizarre how things work out sometimes, today see’s the latest instalment of Doctor Who, Waters of Mars and the beginning of the end of the tenth Doctor. A year ago to this very day I was stood on the sets of Doctor Who having a nose around the Tardis, Sarah Jane’s attic and the Torchwood Hub, and I still can’t believe I was there. I even got to meet some of the stars and sworn to secrecy upon meeting the 456 from the far off to air Torchwood, Children of Earth. I even managed to pick up a book while I was there too, no run-of-the-mill book mind, one of the flying ones used in the Library in the episodes, Silence in the Library and Forest of the Dead.

And here I sit, at my PC, a bookshelf in front of me full of Doctor Who memorabilia, a Sonic Screwdriver in my pocket (I never leave home without it) and a every copy of Doctor Who on DVD I can get my hands on resting on another bookshelf behind me and I’m feeling a little empty, yet ever so excited. David Tenant has been, well, fantastic as the Doctor, and I will be genuinely sad to see him go. I felt ten years old again when I walked through those Tardis doors last year, I can’t not smile to myself at the simple thought of it, I thought I was going to explode with an odd mixture of joy and awe, I must admit I had to wipe away a tear or two. David Tenant has inspired me to laughter, tears, joy, fear and the shear exhilaration of adventure like no other Doctor before (Including my old favourites Peter Davidson and Tom Baker). That is why when I walked aboard the Tardis I was overcome with emotion, I had a stake in the Tenth Doctor.


Now, he’s going, no more new adventures with the Tenth Doctor after New Year’s Day, I’m sure there will be more than one tear shed by the end. Yet, there is a pause of excited breath too as we wait for the new Doctor to appear, the Eleventh Doctor, Matt Smith. What new adventures await us? Who knows, and until we do, I still have my ever growing DVD collection, three episodes of the Tenth Doctor to air on TV and some of the fondest memories I will ever cherish to keep me going.

See you all behind the sofa at 7:00pm tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment